Sunday, November 14, 2010

Koinonia Day 2

Saturday, November 15

Koinonia, Day 2. It starts at 9am. WOW! I could sense the presence of God’s spirit in the room. Sitting at the back table I could watch the different tables with the participants and how they we responding to the talks and the conversations at the table. I was also moved by being part of the prayer team that went into our small chapel to pray for each speaker before and after their talks. The music was outstanding, and again, often I felt tears on my checks as I could worship God in this very powerful way.

The talks were wonderful and right on target. Then came the evening where we gathered in chapel to worship and then provide an opportunity for those who wished it to come to a healing team for prayers for healing. I was asked to be with my friend, Pete on one team. Those who came to us for prayer moved me deeply. I wanted to take away their tiredness, their pain and hurts, but I know that’s God’s job, not mine. My role is to vocalize God’s concern for them and to join my prayers with God’s for the relief of their pains and hurts.

Fr Doug decided to end the day with an informal “rite III” Eucharist. In this setting, besides being the “deacon of the mass” I could also worship.

Following the service I talked with one of the participants who I have been praying for and talking with for a while. This person was “slain in the spirit” at one of the healing station. This person didn’t realize what had hit them in that healing session. I called over another member of the healing team to help explain the experience. It moved me deeply to see God’s action so powerfully in this person.

No comments: